LAKEVIEW FUN RUN
Lakeview Elementary PTO’s Spring Fundraiser
Friday, May 10th 2019
GRADE LEVEL FUN RUN TIMES
Kindergarten - 1stGrade 9:00AM
2nd Grade - 3rd Grade 10:30 AM
4th Grade - 5th Grade 1:15PM
All families are invited to come out and cheer on your student at the Fun Run or volunteer to help at the Fun Run.
Tuesday, April 30th:
- Launch video played in each classroom
- Students/Parents login and setup student account on funrun.com
- Fun Run Information sent home with students
Wednesday, May 1st – Thursday, May 9th:
- Students collect pledges
- MindSpark Mystery Lab & Pledge incentives announced on daily school announcements video
- Pledge prizes distributed to classrooms daily.
Friday, May 10th:
- Fun Run (K-1st 9:00AM), (2nd-3rd 10:30 AM), (4th-5th 1:15PM)
- All families are invited to come out and cheer on your student at the Fun Run!
Monday, May 13th – Friday, May 17th:
- Collect pledge donations. All pledge donations are due by May 17th.
ABOUT THE FUN RUN
Our main spring fundraiser is the LAKEVIEW FUN RUN! Hosting a Fun Run means there is no selling or delivering products. Family and friends anywhere in the world can support our school by giving pledges toward the number of laps (30-35) your student will run on the day of the Fun Run on Friday, May 10th.
Our Fun Run program will last about 2 weeks—from April 30th – May 10th. Students will experience an exciting Pep Rally, students & families will have time to get pledges, and on the last day, students will run in the Fun Run! Every student, no matter financial participation, is invited to run in the Fun Run.
WHY WE RUN
The Lakeview Elementary PTO is sponsoring the Fun Run to raise funds for the Lakeview staffs’ future grant requests. With the funds raised last year we were able to approve the following grant requests: School Patrol vests & flags, student planners & take-home folders, Kindergarten field trip, RAZ Kids membership, Nancy Carlson visit, art display cases, headphones w/ built-in microphones, additional seating options in classrooms, and more! Visit our Lakeview PTO fundraising page for more information on grant requests approved this year https://www.lakeviewpto.org/fundraising.
Our 2019 Fun Run earnings goal is $30,000. All of this year’s fund-raising efforts will allow the Lakeview Elementary PTO to support amazing programs, opportunities and supplies requested by the Lakeview staff.
- Daily prizes distributed to students based on pledges collected.
- Additional challenges will be announced during the pledge week and will be provided on the daily announcements, posted for families in schoology, facebook & lakeviewpto.org.
- Principle Challenge: if the school meets its $30,000 financial goal Mr. Otterson will run with the kids while wearing Vikings gear!
- Classroom Challenge: the class that collects the most pledges will receive a grilled hot dog party with Mr. Otterson as the guest chef (wearing Vikings gear!). All pledges must be collected by May 17th to be eligible.
For the 2019 Lakeview Fun Run we are encouraging all sponsor donations be submitted online instead of via cash or check. Boosterthon does charge an additional $2 electronic processing fee online. The PTO is not in charge of these fees or their administration. We apologize if it causes any inconvenience. We've decided to use an online only payment option for the following reasons:
1. To minimize the time our parents & family have to spend collecting sponsor cash and check donations once the run is completed.
2. To reduce the time our teachers need to spend running reports and sending collection reminders home with students, as well as, avoid having them worry about having large sums of money in their classrooms.
3. Due to low volunteership an online payment only option minimizes the need for a parent volunteer to collect and enter check & cash payments daily.
Help make this year’s Fun Run event a success and consider volunteering. We will need volunteers to help hand our daily prizes, sort & distribute t-shirts/Fun Run informational materials, distribute water to students during the fun run. A SignupGenius will be posted in Schoology, Lakeview PTO Facebook page & at www.lakeviewpto.org listing the Fun Run volunteer opportunities.
INFORMATION & QUESTIONS
Register your child for Fun Run: https://www.funrun.com
Get information about daily or weekend pledge Incentives: www.lakeviewpto.org
Volunteer Opportunities: visit www.lakeviewpto.org for signupgenius volunteer link
PTO Fun Run Website: https://www.lakeviewpto.org/fundraising/fun-run
Information on how the funds raised are used: https://www.lakeviewpto.org/fundraising
PTO Fun Run Contact: Jason Hanson firstname.lastname@example.org